We've just got a shiny new SPD-SX. We're really excited about the things you can do with it, but there are a few basic requirements that we can't manage. Due to incompetence hopefully.
Here are the things that I would love to be able to do with it:
1) Make the click play a different or accented beat on the '1' of each bar.
2) Assign a pad to trigger the click and then play the sample (a backing track) after two bars of that click. So for example: we can have the backing track on the top left pad. I whack the pad and get two bars of click in my earphones, after which point the sample comes out of the main L+R.
3) For the backing track pad, disregard further hits on that particular pad for the duration of the sample being played.
Anyone know if/how to do these things? Thanks for any insight!
1) No. You can make your own click track for a whole track and trigger it like any other sample (useful for tracks with time changes). You can also make a single bar click sample and loop it. That way you can have the effect you want.
2) No. You can add a two bar section of silence to your backing track so it starts later, or start the click then trigger the sample.
3) No. You could use an external pad or foot pedal to start the sample and get the same effect.
As always, I reserve the right to be proved wrong!